Image Map

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Sailor Ahoy!

  
How can you not love pencil skirts... they are just  a marriage made in heaven for your curves.... you feel super ace in them immediately, all 50's movie star thang going on... Well that's what was going on inside my head!
 

I used the Burda 8155 pattern for this variation, and also for the many other pencil skirts I have made ( another post for all of them!) 
 
  

I made a muslin for this skirt before cutting my fabric, doing a little bit of research I found that there were some fitting issues with pattern... and I was after a well fitting pencil skirt.
 
I have never been able to find a great one that I want to wear over and over again.... one that would make my booty look like Beyonce's!
 
 


Again my fabric decision was made around the warmer weather coming up, so I chose a navy blue cotton poplin.
 
 I got really inspired when I saw this skirt made by http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com.au  check out her blog she makes some super amazing things!

 
Although I like the cotton poplin as a lighter version for a summers skirt, it does tend to scrunch up when I am walking, and constant fixing of it takes place! Not a lot of stretch too it.... I'm not too bothered by it, I know that the skirt does fit.. the fabric choice may just have to a bit wiser next time!
 
Just for a little bit extra charm, I added the buttons onto the darts, which worked out quite cute!

Stay tuned for pencil skirts galore!

 



2 comments:

  1. wauw I love that skirt!! Great work and it looks amazing on you!
    which burda magazn is the pattern from?
    Kind regards from Denmark - Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Viola! Appreciate your kind words!

      I just brought the pattern online, not sure which Burda mag it is from, sorry ;)I got it from sewingpatterns.com, hope that helps!
      It is heaps easy to make as well.

      Abby

      Delete

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin