Thursday 9 January 2014

Sweet Stella....









































I released the Stella blouse pattern late last year and i'm still totally enamoured with it. I just keep  grabbing for  this pattern whenever i get the chance to sew something for myself. I guess for a few reasons, its so quick to sew up, doesn't take up heaps of fabric so a great stash buster and the fit just feels so right when i wear anyone of my Stella blouses. I need to pat myself on the back with this pattern, its a winner! :) 

 It is such  a great blouse to wear to work in my 9-5 job while adding a tad bit more personality than the usual corporate garb. With this newest Stella blouse i kind of feel like i'm channelling a little bit of Mad Men vibe, ha!






I shortened the sleeves on the View A version of the Stella pattern roughly by about 4'' to make the T-shirt sleeves, which have also come in handy with the summer heat we are having at the moment and i also throw this one on with jeans for a little bit more fancy casual outfit then my usual band t-shirts :)










































Instead of using the neckline facings in the pattern i finished off the neckline and sleeve hem with bias binding. 








































I paired the Stella blouse with a simple black pencil skirt i made up quite sometime ago, but is still my go to skirt, you can't go wrong with a pencil skirt in my opinion. And some red flats that again i have just rediscovered in my wardrobe after sometime of falling out love with them a few months ago.









































This Stella is stitched up in some gingham i had lying around, which i always seem to have laying around :) And there seems to be a theme with gingham with me.

I've worn this Stella blouse to work quite a lot and its so comfy i find because of the form fitting long line  bust darts that run right through the hem line.For busty girls like me it accentuates the figure nicely and the pockets add some cute definition without adding extra bulk to the tum- tum area.






I can't wait to see all your Stella versions popping up over the place! I have a few more versions waiting to show you so hang around for them!

The Stella pattern is now available in paper and PDF format, so treat yourself and grab a copy :)

Abby
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the visit and leaving a comment!
I totally appreciate them all!

Happy sewing!

Abby
x

© Bluegingerdoll - Vintage inspired sewing patterns, sewing tips and tricks | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig